The HP printer not activated error code 30 is one of the most frequently detected errors for the users of HP printers. If you face the error, then that means, you are not able to print any kind of documents from your printer. Usually, the error appears with so many of its aspects and you might face it any Operating System.
Whenever you face such an issue, you might get annoyed and search all over the internet for its solution. If so, then you have landed on the absolute page, as in this article, we are going to discuss all the possible ways to solve the printer error. After following the article completely, you should not face the error any longer. So, glance below:
Solutions you can try to Fix HP Printer not Activated Error Code 30
If you have faced the Hp printer not activated error code 30, then you should know that there might be a lot of reasons behind it. Whatsoever, in this section, we are going to discuss all the solutions that you can try to fix it. Once you go through the solutions, you won’t have to look for answers for the query of “how to fix Hp printer error code 30?” any further. So, without delaying too much, let’s get into the solutions:
Solution # 1 – Remove the printer software from your PC
As of now, you can get rid of the error code 30 from your HP printer if you remove the printer software from your PC. As one of the many causes that produce the error on your HP printer is the printer software that you have installed on your computer. So, sometimes, the software of your HP printer can interfere with the system. To fix it, you can uninstall the printer software from your PC. If you are not certain how you can do that, then follow the steps from the section below:
- Press the Start button and make a search for “Program and Features” from the search box and open it.
- After that, from the list of several applications find the HP printer software and select it.
- Next, right-click on the software and select Uninstall option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions to remove it from your PC.
After you have uninstalled the printer software of your HP printer, you shouldn’t be facing the problem any longer.
Solution # 2 – Ensure that your printer drivers are up to date on your PC
One of the most common solutions for the error on your PC regarding the HP printer is that the printer driver is outdated. In such circumstances, you might not be able to print any document from the printer. To fix the problem, you should update the printer driver to its latest version to make sure that there’s no problem with it. And to update the driver to its latest version, follow the under-mentioned steps:
- Open the Windows Search menu by pressing the Start button and type “Device Manager” and open it.
- Once you have opened the Device Manager, go to the printer section and right-click on your HP printer.
- After that, select “Update Driver” from the menu and then a new dialog box will open.
- From the new dialog box, select the search automatically option to check if there’s an update available.
If there’s an update available for the printer driver, then it will install automatically on your system. After installing such updates, check if the issue still appears to be on your system.
Solution # 3 – Modify the Windows Registry
Sometimes, to fix the HP printer not activated error code 30, you might need to get to some advanced steps. One of these advanced steps is to modify the Windows Registry of your PC. By making a couple of changes in the Registry, you should be able to fix the error without facing any trouble. There are certain disadvantageous points of the registry editor that becomes responsible for it. That’s why making some Registry modification can help a lot to get the issue fixed on your computer. However, if you don’t know how you can do that, then follow the steps.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows Home button with the “R” key together.
- Type “regedit” in the input box and click on the Yes to give the permission to open the Windows Registry editor on your PC.
- Since the Registry editor opens, you need to navigate to the following section among the other keys and make some changes on it.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Hardware Profiles > Current > Software > TS PDF Generator
- Usually, the key appears on the left panel of the screen and there are several keys that stay along with it.
- After that, right-click on the Generator key and then select the Permission section from the menu and then proceed with the further steps.
- Now, select the Users group and allow it Full Control access from the newly appeared dialog box.
Once you are done with the steps, click on the Apply and Ok buttons simultaneously to save the changes you performed. You should get the printer error resolved with such a modification on the registry editor. If you are still facing the error on your PC with your printer, then follow the next solution.
Solution # 4 – Change the security permission of the printer application
You might be facing the error due to many reasons and one of those reasons is that it doesn’t have the security permission it requires. Such security permission is necessary if the printer needs to work. If it doesn’t have the security permissions, then the printing operation might get prevented. Whatsoever, you can easily modify the security permission of the application of your HP printer with the following steps:
- At first, you need to right-click on the printer application and select Properties from the appeared menu to get into its security section.
- Next, go to the Security tab and select the user account from the dialog box. Click on the Edit option that you can find at the middle section of the dialog box.
- Another dialog box will appear from where you have to select the user account again. Then, in the Allow column select the Full Control and check it to give the application all the permission it requires.
- Finally, click on the Apply and Ok buttons simultaneously to save whatever changes you have made here.
Now, as you have given full control to the application, you should check the error and its existence. The error should be resolved right away with the steps. But, if it still continues to appear on your system, then go through the next solution.
Solution # 5 – Install the latest Windows Updates on your PC
Majority of the issues that users face in their Windows OS get fixed by installing the latest updates. Loads of bugs are out there that you need to fix in your system and that’s why Microsoft constantly releases updates for this OS. If you are searching for “how to fix Hp printer error code 30?”, then by installing the latest updates, you should be able to fix it. To update your Windows OS to its latest version, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Press the Start button and make a search for ‘Windows Updates” from the search box and open it.
- Now, click on the “Check for Updates” option and let the system scan if there’s any kind of update available.
- If there’s an update available, then the system will start installing them automatically.
If there are any pending updates, then install them from the same window of Windows Updates. Once you are done with the installation of these updates, check for the error if it’s still on your system. It shouldn’t be there anymore in your system.
After trying out all these solutions, you should be able to get rid of the HP printer not activated error code 30. We did our best to help you solve the error and warding off any further troubles that you might face. There are so many aspects and the most important ones have been discussed in this article. We hope this post worked as a complete guide to take you out of the error. You should have managed to fix the error with any of the solutions.