Problems are not uncommon with printers. Epson printer error code 0xFA is one of the most critical errors that appear on utilizing the printer over a considerably long time.
The main reason for this error is damaged or corrupted registry files in the system. Sometimes, this error code shows up if there is a problem with the hardware of the Epson printer.
Apart from that, damaged or corrupted Epson printer drivers can also give rise to this error code on the system.
If you are also an Epson printer user and getting this error code on the device then do not worry. Here, you will get to know all the troubleshooting steps which will help you in solving this particular error. After performing these procedures, hopefully, you’ll get rid of this issue on the Epson printer.
Epson Printer Error Code 0xFA: Simple Procedures to Solve
If you want to know how to fix Epson printer error code 0xFA on the device, then go through the methods mentioned below.
In the section, you will find some easy and effective procedures to resolve this issue on the printer. Just perform the fixes in the given order to eliminate this error:
Procedure 1 – Restart the Epson Printer
When you see this error code on your Epson printer, at first, you need to restart the Epson printer. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, press the Power button to completely turn off the Epson printer.
- After turning off, wait for a few seconds and then turn on the printer by pressing the Power button again.
After switching on the printer, check if the error persists or not.
Procedure 2 – Update the Epson Printer Driver
An outdated version of the Epson printer driver can cause the Epson printer error code 0xFA. So, you need to keep the driver up to date. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- From the keyboard, hold the Windows button and press the R key to launch the Run window. Type Device Manager and then press the Enter key or click on the OK button.
- In the Device Manager window, go to the left panel and find the Epson printer driver, right-click on it to open the menu.
- Select the Update Software Driver button from that menu.
Once the update process is complete, restart the device and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Procedure 3 – Remove the Epson Printer Driver and Install it Again
If the Epson printer driver is damaged or corrupted then you may see the Epson printer error code 0xFA on the device.
So, you need to remove the Epson printer driver and then install it again on your PC. To do that, follow these directions:
- At first, press the Win + X keys together to launch the WinX menu list and select Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate the Epson printer from the left panel, right-click on it. After that, click on the Uninstall Device button to remove it.
- After removing, restart the system.
- Again go to the Device Manager and click on the Scan for hardware device icon which is present at the top of the menu.
Now the system will scan for the driver and then install it correctly on your PC. Once the process completes, reboot the device and then check if the Epson printer works properly without showing any error.
Procedure 4 – Run System File Checker (SFC)
Corrupt system files can sometimes cause this error on an Epson printer. To resolve it, you need to run the System File Checker tool in your Windows system. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows Home key and X button together to open the WinX menu list. From that list, you will find the Command Prompt(Admin).
- From the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow and then hit the Enter button.
Once the scanning process is done, reboot the system and then check to see if the error code is resolved or not.
Procedure 5 – Check for Hardware Problem
This error code can be generated due to hardware issues on the printer. To fix it, perform the under mentioned steps:
- At first, disconnect the printer from the wall socket.
- After that, remove the cartridge from the printer. Next, if any paper scraps, staples or paperclips are there, remove them.
- Clear the cartridge and then again insert it. Ensure that the cartridge is inserted correctly.
After doing this, connect the printer to the wall socket and switch it on and then check if the problem is eliminated or not.
Hopefully, these procedures will be able to fix the Epson printer error code 0xFA on the device.
However, if you want you can contact a professional for better guidance.