At times, Lenovo laptops cameras do not work correctly. These are mostly due to faulty drivers or some glitch present in device settings. Mostly prevalent in the Yoga series, this issue can also be found on other models of Lenovo laptops as well.
So, Lenovo camera not working is an issue frequently encountered by users. In some cases, enabling privacy mode can also be the reason due to which one faces such issue.
Having the same trouble in your device? You can fix it on your own. Simply follow the guidelines provided here and eliminate this frustrating error from your device. So, let’s directly begin with the fixes.
Lenovo Yoga Camera Not Working: The Fixes
Mentioned below are some methods to resolve this error on your own. Try to follow them until you fix this error on your device.
Method 1: Turn Off Privacy Mode
Once you encounter this error with your Lenovo laptop, the first thing you can do to fix it is to turn off the privacy mode using these steps:
- First, navigate to the Start menu and in the search box, type Lenovo.
- Next, Click on Lenovo Settings.
- After that, click on the Camera, in order to open the settings of the Lenovo camera.
- In the Settings page, scroll to the bottom until you notice Privacy Mode.
- Now, if you find that the Privacy Mode is on, you need to change turn privacy mode to the Off state.
Once you turn off the privacy mode, hopefully, the error will be fixed.
Method 2: Remove Settings Application
If the Lenovo settings application is interfering with the work of the camera, then you need to remove the Settings application to eliminate this error from your device. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Control panel in Windows.
- After that, choose Programs and Features.
- You will see a list of installed programs on your device.
- From this list, choose the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package and choose Uninstall.
- Once you are done with these steps, you need to reboot your device and test if the camera is working.
If this error persists, try to follow the method explained next.
Method 3: Check the Program
If you notice the camera of your device is working in some programs and not in others, then the program settings or the camera settings are the reason which causes this error. In such cases, you can check the settings of the camera, using these steps:
- First of all, open the program in question and locate the Settings menu.
- Next, make sure that the Lenovo Easy Camera is set to the default one in those settings.
If you see this is not set as the default one, then do that. After that, if you find that this error still persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 4: Update Drivers
Outdated device drivers can also be the reason due to which you are encountering this error on your device. So, updating device drivers can also be the solution to eliminate this error from your device. In such cases, try to follow these steps:
- At first, on your keyboard, press the Windows button and type Device Manager.
- Hit the Enter button in order to open the result.
- After that, under Imaging devices, right-click on the Lenovo Easy Camera.
- Now, choose the option showing Update Driver Software.
- Follow the wizards to update the drivers and reboot your device on completion.
- Now, you should find the webcam starts working.
Method 5: Manually Install Generic USB Video Device Drivers
You can also manually install generic USB video device drivers to fix this error. Probably, it is the last option you should use as the generic drive does not offer complete functionality which you can get from the Lenovo Easy Camera driver.
- Firstly, you can use the previous methods to get to the menu in order to update Lenovo Easy Camera.
- This time choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- After that, in the next Window, choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Now, you will see a list of drivers for the webcam.
- After that, choose the USB video device driver and click Next in order to install it.
- When the process completes, reboot your device and everything will be back to normal.
After going through this article and implementing the fixes, hopefully, you will be able to fix the Lenovo camera not working issue in an accurate manner. If you require any further guidance, you can always contact an expert.