If you use a PS4 game controller, then you must know the procedure of resetting the PS4 controller. Sometimes, just by resetting the game controller you can fix abrupt problems.
Basically, this article will answer all the frequently asked questions on how to reset PS4 controller? In the upcoming part of the article, we are going to focus on the procedures that can help you to reset the PS4 controller.
So, let’s have a look at the article and learn all the steps effectively.
Easy Ways to Reset PS4 Controller
Here are the steps that can help you to reset a PS4 Controller:
How to Soft Reset the PS4 Controller?
- Log in to the controller settings and move on to the Settings option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the Devices option.
- Then, click on the Bluetooth Devices option.
- After that, a list will appear on the screen, use the working controller and move on to the menu.
- Then, choose the Inactive Controller.
- You can recognize the PS4 active controller with the help of a green dot. (No green dot indicates it is inactive controller).
- Hold the Options button from the Controller. After that, a menu will pop up on the screen.
- Thereafter, choose the Forget Device option.
How to Hard Reset the PS4 Controller?
If you want to perform a hard reset on the PS4 controller, then you should follow the steps that are given below.
- At first, turn Off the PS4 controller. Then, turn over the controller and locate a small hole (within it there is a small button).
- Press and hold the button for a few seconds.
- Then, use a USB cable to connect the controller with the PS4.
- Enable the PS4 and wait for a few minutes to complete the bootup procedure.
- Log in with PS4 while pressing the PlayStation button from the controller.
- After that, a blue light will turn On indicating that the reset was accomplished.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on the PS4?
This is more than a frequent question that is generally asked by the users. If you are searching for a proper answer on how to factory reset a PS4, then you should follow the guidelines mentioned below.
Perform the Factory Reset in Safe Mode
You can perform the factory reset using the Safe Mode feature.
- At first, turn Off the PS4 by pressing and holding down the Power button on the console. It will beep twice before booting up into the Safe Mode.
- Go to the Settings menu, select the Restore Default Settings option. This will help you to reset the PS4 with its proper software settings.
- This will help you to remove the hard drive and restore the factory settings.
- Lastly, choose the “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)”, this will help you to complete the factory reset.
The additional benefit that you can gain through this step is that you can reinstall the PS4’s Operating System automatically.
At the end of this article, you get all your queries resolved regarding how to reset PS4 controller. Through this guide, we have provided the methods that can help you to reset the PS4 gaming controller without any hassle.
If you have any more queries regarding the rest process, then you can comment on our feedback section. Otherwise, you can also opt for professional assistance.