BIOS or the Basic Input Output System is the fundamental of the computer. The options that you see after you boot into your computer make your BIOS. Moreover, BIOS takes care of the hardware initialization and also is responsible for the runtime programs. Thus, it is important to update the BIOS to keep the software updated. It also keeps the device safe and secure too. HP BIOS update is necessary for this reason.
Keeping this on the mind we are going to discuss some effective methods that will help you in order to update the BIOS as well. So, follow the methods in exactly the same order and thoroughly perform them.
The Need of the HP BIOS Update
BIOS is one of the most important features of HP computers. If you update the BIOS in a regular manner it will keep your computer secure and safe from being hacked. Moreover, it will also protect your device from any sort of online threats. It will help to avoid the virus and malware attack too. Last but not least it prevents breaching of the data as well.
How to Update BIOS HP? Fool-proof Methods
There are basically two types of method to update the BIOS of the HP laptop. They are as follows:
- With the bootable USB
- By updating through the Windows
Method 1: With the Bootable USB
Follow the steps exactly the same to update the BIOS. It is highly recommended that you have to follow thee steps in exactly the same way and not to skip any step as well:
- The very first thing you have to do is to, check if there is enough charge in the battery of the device you are using or not. If your device does not have sufficient charge then charge it fully.
- After that, you have to tap twice on the “Zip” folder and open it as well.
- Then, select the “Extract” from the top of the page.
- Now, you have to choose the “Extract All” option and click on it.
- After that, on the prompted window you have to choose Extract option as well.
- Now, go through the “README” file of the BIOS.
- Connect a USB device to the system and also tap on the Ctrl and C key at the same time on your keyboard. It will help you to copy the BIOS to the USB drive.
- Now, you have to tap on the Ctrl and V and paste it also.
- Start the BIOS file is possible. And hopefully, the BIOS will be updated.
- At the final step, restart your computer and check if you updated the BIOS successfully or not. If not then follow the next method.
Method 2: By updating through the Windows
- First of all, you have to tap on the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Now, navigate to the search panel and type “msinfo” in it and hit the Enter key. It will open the “System Information”.
- Now, check the information and then search for the “BIOS version number.”
- Then, you have to find the manufacturer site for the BIOS.
- After that, navigate to the Update file for the BIOS and check if the BIOS file is new or not.
- At the final step, you have to install and download the available updates and install it as well
If the above methods are not enough for HP BIOS update then this is the ultimate method you can go through:
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to, tap on the Windows key and “I” altogether from the keyboard. Click on the Settings option.
- After that, you have to choose the “Update and Security” option from the list of the options.
- Now, select the Recovery icon from the left column.
- Then, tap on the “Restart Now” option and restart your device too.
- After restarting your system select the Troubleshoot icon and choose “Advanced Option”.
- Now, tap on the “UEFI Firmware Settings” icon and reboot your device for once more time.
Hopefully, this article will help you to resolve the issue on your own. But, if you have any further queries, then you can get in touch with us. Moreover, you can also leave your comment in the box below. Otherwise, you can also check our websites regularly to get more relevant solutions for your issues.