Apple laptops come in with a thin, light, and portable design. And, all the online content and movies are available with just a click.
Fortunately, Macbooks now have the feature to connect it to the TV. Hence, you can watch all your favorite content on a large screen. However, in case, you are wondering how to connect MacBook to TV, then follow this article now.
Here, you will get the various methods to connect your Macbook to TV. Hence, without any further delay, let us drive into the methods.
How to Connect MacBook Air to TV: Effective Methods to Try Out
So, in this article, you can perform the methods in order to connect your MacBook to TV. Remember to perform all the given steps in order to to get effective results.
Now, have a look at the methods that are provided here.
Method 1: Connect the MacBook to a TV via HDMI port
In case you are using a MacBook and TV via HDMI port, then perform this method. Proceed to the following section to learn the steps:
- Take one end of the HDMI port and then plug it into your MacBook.
- Now, take the other end and then plug it into the TV.
- After that, on your MacBook, go to the Apple Menu and then open System Preferences.
- In the next step, click on the Display option and then click Arrangments.
- Now, you have to check the box which says Mirror Displays.
- For the sound output, open the System Preferences and then click on the Sound option.
- After that, click on the Output option and select the TV option.
- After that, save the changes. Now, you can continue to watch all your favorite shows on your TV through the MacBook.
Now if still, you are unable to figure out how to connect MacBook to TV, then proceed to the next section.
Method 2: Connect your MacBook to a TV without HDMI port
In case you are using a USB-C port or an adapter hub on your MacBook, then you can perform this method. Moreover, take the help of the steps that are given below:
- First of all, take one end of the cable and plug it in the USB-C port of the MacBook.
- Now, take the other end and then plug it into the HDMI port of the TV.
- Alternatively, you can use the adapter hub to perform the above step.
- Once done, follow the steps in the previous methods to set up the Display option and the Sound option.
- After that, you can now easily watch all your online content on your TV.
Additionally, you can proceed to the next methods, if still, your MacBook does not connect to the TV.
Method 3: Use AirPlay
In this method, you can use the AirPlay feature in order to connect your MacBook to TV. Here, you have to take the help of the Apple TV box. Therefore, in order to do this, proceed with the following section:
- At first, you have to set up your Apple TV box. To do so, connect your Apple TV box to your TV and then set it up.
- Now, connect your MacBook to the same network as the Apple TV.
- After that, open your Apple TV’s Settings window and then select the AirPlay option.
- Now, select the Everyone option.
- Coming to the Macbook, click on the Apple logo and then choose the System Preferences option.
- Next, proceed to Displays option and then click on the AirPlay Display drop-down box.
- Now, from the drop-down box, select the Apple TV’s name.
- After that, go back to the System Preferences section and then click on the Sound option.
- Under the Output tab, click on the Apple TV button.
- Once done, you will be able to connect MacBook Pro to TV.
To end this article, we can state that these are all the methods to help you to connect Macbook to TV. Hence, follow them carefully to perform the task easily.
We hope that following all the steps will connect your Macbook to your TV. However, if you face any issue while performing the steps, then don’t panic.