A webcam is an important object of a laptop in order to run a telecommunication app. If it stops to work, then you should try some fixes for it.
Here, we have explained some of the effective workarounds to resolve the Lenovo camera not working issue.
Before you learn the solutions, it is better to know the causes at first. If you are interested to know them, then skip to this next part or else scroll directly to the solution part.
What Causes the Lenovo Camera Not Working Issue?
The factors that result in the Lenovo camera not working issue are as follows:
- Corrupt or damaged Lenovo camera driver
- Outdated Lenovo camera driver software
- Privacy Mode for the camera is on
Nothing to worry if you are not able to detect the cause that returns you the Lenovo camera stops working issue, try out the methods as given in the below section.
Methods to Fix Lenovo Camera Not Working on Windows 10:
If you are worried about the Lenovo Yoga camera not working issue, then try out the methods one-by-one as arranged below.
Before proceeding with any of the below methods, it is advised to run a virus scan on your PC. If a virus is present on your computer, then it not only slows down the system’s performance but along with that, it corrupts the system files (including the Lenovo Camera files).
Run a Virus Scan on your Computer
You can run the Windows Defender, the default Windows security tool in your device. Full scan is preferred for the virus scanning process.
To run the Windows Defender Full scan, continue with the below steps:
At first, right-click onto the Windows logo. Then, from the Menu window, select the Settings option. Further, click on “Update & Security”.
Now, from the left-hand side panel of the Settings window, select “Windows Security”. After that, click on the “Open Windows Defender Security Center” button from the right-hand side of the window. Next, click on the shield symboled icon.
Further, under the Virus and Threat protection window, click on the Advanced scan link. From the next window, enable the checkbox for “Full”. At last, click on the “Scan now” button.
Once the virus scan is over, forward with the below steps to get rid of the Lenovo camera not working issue.
In a few cases, only virus scanning is enough to solve the problem. You can try to use the camera after virus scanning and before proceeding with the core methods.
Method 1: Ensure “Lets apps use my camera hardware” is On
The foremost method to try to solve this camera not working issue is to ensure that the “Lets apps use my camera hardware” option is on. The steps to perform this task are as follows:
- First of all, tap both the Windows and the letter X key at a time.
- Then, from the Menu window, select the Settings option.
- Under the Settings window, click on “Privacy”.
- After that, select “Camera”.
- Here, on this window, ensure that the “Lets app use my camera hardware” option is active. If not, then turn it on.
Further, try to use the Lenovo camera to ensure if it starts to work or not.
Method 2: Modify the “Turn Privacy On” Settings
After following Method 1, if still, the Lenovo camera not working issue persists, then try modifying the “Turn Privacy On” settings. This is one of the effective methods to resolve the problem.
At first, tap the Windows button to activate the search bar. Then, in the search bar, type Lenovo. As a search result if you get the “Lenovo Settings” option, click on it.
However, if you did not get the “Lenovo Settings” option as a search result, then download Lenovo settings from Windows Store or Lenovo website at first, and then install it for further steps.
After launching the Lenovo Settings window, go to the CAMERA tab. After that, scroll down the settings page and under the PRIVACY MODE section, ensure the “Turn Privacy On” switch is off. If not, then do that.
After turning off the “Turn Privacy On” settings, if still, the camera is shown white cross, then turn the setting back on.
Method 3: Uninstall And Reinstall the Lenovo Camera Drivers
After trying the above two methods, if still, the Lenovo camera did not work, then follow the below steps:
- Press down the Windows button along with the letter R to open the Run bar window on the screen.
- Next, in the Run bar, type devmgmt.msc.
- After that, click on the OK button to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, scroll down the Device Manager window to get the Imaging devices option. Double-click on it to expand.
- Then, under the expanded list, right-click on Lenovo Easy Camera.
- Further, select the Uninstall option from the list, to eradicate the Lenovo camera driver from your device.
- Now, follow the further instructions to solve this issue.
Uninstalling the Lenovo camera driver will sort out the corrupt or damage camera driver issue.
After uninstalling the Lenovo Easy Camera, restart your computer. Tap the Windows buttons at first. Then, from the left-hand side panel of the Start menu click on the Power icon. After that, from the Menu window, select “Restart”.
Restarting the computer will automatically reinstall the Lenovo camera driver. After reinstalling the camera driver, try to use the Lenovo camera to check if the issue gets sorted or not.
Alternative Method to Uninstall the Lenovo Camera:
The commonly followed method to uninstall the Lenovo camera from Windows OS are as follows:
Firstly, open the Run bar window by pressing down the Windows button along with the letter R. After that, in the Run bar, type control. Then, click on OK to open the Control Panel window.
Now, set the “View by” of the Control Panel window into Category, if it was not already set.
Further, under the Control Panel window, click on Programs and then on Programs and Features. This will get you the window open that contains all the installed programs on your computer.
From the installed programs list, right-click on the Lenovo Settings at first. After that, from the Menu window, click on the Uninstall option to confirm.
After uninstalling the Lenovo camera, restart your computer. Then check if the Lenovo camera starts working or not. Most probably, this time your answer will be positive.
However, if you fail in solving this issue by this method as well, do not worry and try the further method discussed below.
Method 4: Update the Lenovo Camera Drivers
If the Lenovo camera driver that you are using is not updated, then this can be the culprit responsible for the camera not working issue. To resolve this factor, proceed with the steps below:
- At first, tap WIn+R keys to open the Run bar window.
- Then, in the Run bar, type devmgmt.msc.
- After that, click on OK or hit the Enter button.
- Now, under the Device Manager window, double-click on Imaging devices to expand.
- Further, under the expanded list, right-click on the Lenovo camera driver.
- Next, from the Menu window, click on “Update Driver Software”. This will open the “How do you want to search for driver software?” window with the options below:
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” to browse the internet for the updates.
- Further, follow the on-screen instructions to install the Lenovo camera driver update.
- And lastly, restart your PC to get the full effect of this method.
All these are effective workarounds to fix the Lenovo camera not working issue. If you are lucky enough, then after trying a few methods, you will get rid of this issue.
The best and easiest way to solve the issue is to engage with a technician to perform the solutions on your behalf.