The Avg removal tool is specifically used to remove AVG antivirus from the system when the regular uninstall does not remove it completely. However, sometimes, you may find that this AVG removal tool is not working and thus you would be unable to remove AVG completely from the system.
There are several causes why this issue occurs after all. For example, if the Windows Operating System is not up to date, then this issue can come up. If the AVG Removal Tool is outdated, then also there is a possibility for you to face this problem.
Further, if any system files get corrupted, then you can encounter this problem. Go through this article fully to learn the methods that can get rid of this issue.
Solutions to Resolve the AVG Removal Tool not Working Problem
This is the section of the article that contains the methods that will help you to resolve the issue with a non-functioning AVG Removal Tool. So, follow the methods one by one until the tool starts working again.
Fix 1: Perform an Update of the AVG Removal Tool
If the Removal Tool application of AVG is not up to date, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem. Now, the simplest solution to rectify this problem is to perform an update of the AVG Removal Tool.
Here are the steps that you can follow to do it.
- First, locate the ‘AVG Removal Tool’ icon and then double-click on it to launch the software.
- As soon as a new window appears with the name ‘AVG Remover’, navigate to the ‘Settings’ option. This action will open a new page with the heading ‘Settings’.
- Inside that page, locate and then choose the ‘Update’ option. Now, another page having a name ‘Update’ will come up.
- When this page opens up, the program will automatically look for any updates available. Now, if there an update is present, then click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- Finally, once the update procedure gets over, restart the machine and launch the tool to see if this error is present or not.
Fix 2: Run the ‘sfc /scannow’ Command
When some system files within the machine get damaged or misplaced, then you might encounter the AVG removal tool not working issue. The best possible solution to get rid of this problem is to use the SFC tool.
The SFC or System File Checker is a built-in tool within the Windows OS that scans for any corrupt system files and restores them if necessary. In order to run it, follow the steps provided below.
- First, tap on the combination of keys ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously. This action will open a new dialog box with the name ‘Run’.
- Inside that dialog box, type in the text – “command prompt” on the blank area beside the label ‘Open:’. Then, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you do that, a black background window with white text will come up, which has the title ‘Command Prompt’.
- Within that window, type in the following command – “sfc /scannow” and then, tap on the ‘Enter’ key to execute it. Wait for the execution of this command to get over.
- After the execution is over, close the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Lastly, reboot the computer and then check if the ‘ AVG Removal’ application works correctly or not.
Fix 3: Update the Windows Operating System
If the Windows Operating System is not up to date or is obsolete, then you can meet with this glitch. The one and only solution to resolve this problem is to update the Windows OS. Follow the steps presented underneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Windows Logo’ to launch the ‘Start Menu’. Next, from that menu, just above the ‘Power’ icon, choose the ‘Gear’ icon.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the title ‘Settings’ will come up. In this window, there will be various setting categories for the Operating System, that you can alter at your will.
- Next, out of all those setting categories choose the one that says ‘Update & Security’.
- Now, when a new page within this window comes up, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Now, move to the right pane of that page with a heading ‘Windows Update’ and then click on the ‘Check for updates’ button. This action will start the search process for any updates to the Windows OS.
- If there are any updates available, then those will be automatically downloaded and presented on a list.
- Next, once the downloads of all the updates are over, click on the ‘Reboot now’ button present just below the list.
- When the next boot process initiates, the installation of all updates will begin automatically.
- Finally, initialize the AVG Removal Tool and check whether this issue is still present or not.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Install the AVG Removal Tool Once Again
If none of the fixes given above can solve the removal tool of AVG 2013 not working issue, then as a last solution all you can do is delete and reinstall the AVG Removal Tool. The steps that you can follow are given below.
- First, press the ‘Windows + S’ keys together to open the default ‘Search’ section of the Operating System.
- Next, within that section, type in the text ‘control panel’ on the empty space. Then from the output of that search, choose the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- A new window that has a name ‘Control Panel’ will come up. In this window, there are various categories of settings for the computer that you can change at your will.
- Now, from that window, locate and then choose the category ‘Programs’. Now, a new page within this window comes up. In this page, find and select the ‘Program and Features’ option.
- Another page will come up next, in it, there will be a list of all the installed programs within the computer. From that list, locate and choose the ‘AVG Removal Tool’ and then, right-click on it.
- Now, from the popup menu that comes up, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option. Then, a new uninstaller window will come up, in it, follow all the steps and accordingly tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Once the uninstallation of the program is over, reboot the system.
- Launch a web browser, and then visit the official AVG website. In it, search for the AVG Removal Tool’ and download the same.
- When the download process is complete, run the setup file and follow the instructions that come up on the screen and install the software.
- Lastly, try to run the AVG Removal Tool and inspect if this issue is present or not.
Following all the fixes present above, you can effectively solve the AVG removal tool not working problem. But, if even after following each and every steps and procedure given, the issue is still not fixed, then do not worry a bit.
Just, provide the details of the problem that you are facing in the comment section below and get an immediate reply from an expert.